Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

Well we had one Hell of a morning.......

I woke up with a smile on my face with the thoughts of the perfect day running through my head. Riley woke with a giggle and we all went in to wake the sleeping Lane. We kissed his face until he woke up. The first words out of his mouth were "Cartoons?". Yeah, I think he is watching too much t.v. We all snuggled for a little while and took our time waking up. We all moved from Lane's bed to my bed and decided to turn on some cartoons. I heated a bottle for Riley and was getting ready to feed her. The anticipation on her face was fierce. Just as I was about to put the bottle in her mouth, DING DONG! Who could be at my door at 7:30 a.m.? Could it be Craig? Maybe he left so early this morning he forgot something. I opened the door to the smiling face of Martha, the housekeeper. "Oh My Gosh!", I totally forgot she was coming today. The house was a wreck and last night's dinner was all over the kitchen. Now I am in a panic and still in my pajamas. I usually pre-clean before the housekeeper comes. I know that sounds crazy but who wants anyone to see their house like they really live in it, including the housekeeper. I scrambled to clean up, Riley is crying for her bottle and Lane is lying in my bed with his hands behind his head watching cartoons like nothing is going on. Martha starts in the second bathroom which gives me a chance to clean up the rest. I cleaned and straightened like I had a jet pack on my back. It was the fastest I had ever moved. No need to workout today, that should cover it. I throw some clean clothes on over my un-bathed body and get a hat over last night's pool hair. I scoop up Lane and throw some clothes on him and run a brush through his hair and teeth. I grab Riley and get her diapered and dressed. The bag is packed and we are heading out the door. As I pack everyone in the Weasel wagon I think to myself , "Man you are awesome and boy can you work under pressure". Sometimes you have to give yourself a pat on the back even if it is an un-showered one. You do what you gotta do!!!

Now that's what I call a "Tuesday".

2 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Hey, Heather! Welcome to the addictive-abandon-your-family-give-up-sleep world of blogging! Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog--you will discover, comments=crack. You will be hooked.

Hooray, on going vegan, too! You are so right, it isn't as hard as it sounds. The only thing that there is no good substitute is cheese. Good ol' gooey cheese. But I really don't miss it overall. In fact, now the thought of what I used to eat turns my stomach, which to me is a good thing.

I will keep tabs on your blog! Happy writing!

Oh, and, cleaning your house before the housekeeper comes--hilarious! You are nuts!

Holly L said...

I am embrassed to say...that that has happened to me MORE THAN ONCE... but if it makes you feel a little better, i'll say it with pride!