Monday, July 21, 2008

24 Hours of Heaven

My friends and I decided that we deserved to have 24 hours with out our kids and husbands. We wanted to hang out, talk, drink and be merry. This past Saturday was that time. We met at one of my best friend's (Kristina) mom's (Connie aka Kitten) house. We chose this location because it has a pool and no kids live there. These were our only stipulations. We started this shin-dig at Connie's around 5:00 p.m. Kristina on the other hand arrived around 5:30 p.m. Yes, you guessed it Connie wasn't home and Kristina (the key master) wasn't there either. When Chasity and I pull up there is poor, sweet Traci waiting outside.

Poor Traci!!! Can you hand me a beer?

She was fine and dandy since she was kid less and had already cracked open her first cold one. Kristina finally moseys on up and the party begins. We all decide that we would start our night with some dinner at the "famous" Italian Cafe. This is a place that we have been a hundred times. We like it, not because the food in over priced, but it is B.Y.O.B. I know what you're thinking..."What a Dump!" It isn't. It's actually a family owned Italian restaurant that is very successful and has been around forever. CHEERS to 24 Hours of Heaven!!!!

HERE'S TO GOOD FRIENDS,


AND GOOD FOOD! (This is my meal. Notice the missing meat.)

Chasity, our chauffeur, drove us back to the abode for a little hot tubing and gossip. I forgot to mention, and more drinks. When we got back we all checked in with our hubbies to make sure the kids hadn't tied them up, gagged them and burned the house down. Thankfully all was good and the night could continue as planned.

We slipped into our suits, because it's not that kind of party, and into the hot tub. Man was it hot!! I asked Connie if she was trying to turn us into soup and feed us to the homeless. Once we got the temp down from "H E double hockey sticks" to relaxing we began the gossip. We talked about the good, the bad and the ugly. It was great. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to talk about girl stuff and not Dora the Explorer or Blue Clues.

I have known these girls since high school (Kristina and Chasity) and one since middle school (Traci), so you know we can talk until forever. And we did. We also had a race across the pool. I have to give it up to my girl Traci for beating me twice with her little arms. Then once I realized that swimming under water wasn't cutting it and went old school on her, I won. Yeah for me!!!!

Me and My Girls (Chasity, Kristina & Traci)

In the morning, we ate breakfast. Traci had to leave and get back to her 6 week old baby girl. Chasity, Kristina, Connie and I went for a swim and some sunbathing. This should be the time I say, "and put on some sunscreen". I wish I could say that. Oh no, I don't know what I was thinking. Needless to say after a relaxing time of sunbathing I look like bacon. Just crispy. It's awful.

I would like to thank Connie and Joe for the accommodations. You are super cool and I love you both. I would also like to say that I have the coolest friends in the whole world. Chasity, Kristina and Traci, thanks for always being there for me for all these years. I don't know what I would do if you weren't a part of my life. I love you all and can't wait until the next one.


To everyone else, my advice to you is to take the time for yourself. It doesn't have to be 24 hours, it could be one hour but it is very necessary. Enjoy yourself and the people who knew you before you were wife or mom. When you were just you.

2 comments:

Holly L said...

I am so SAD that I missed the 24 hours of heaven...God knows I need it! I'm glad yall had a great time. Next time, I want to go...

I just told someone today that it was hotter that H-E Double Hockey Sticks...too funny! We definitely grew up around the same people ;)

I miss you girls!

chasity said...

We had so much fun!!! We missed you Holly & Holly! But we are already making plans for the next one, say in about six months?? I too had the best time and got a much needed relaxing break. Notice my classy beer bottle/koozy behind the pretty wine glasses! woo-hoo! Thanks for introducing me to the Lime Bud Light or whatever it is call Traci, I love it! And Heather, where is the airbrushing in the photos we agreed on???? Just kidding, they were great! Mommies need a break every once in a while and there is no better way to do it than to get some catch up time with my girls! I love you all so much!!!