Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stranded and Vulnerable

I have to say that there are many times in my life that I feel stranded and vulnerable. Most of the time it's not literally the case. Today it was most definitely real. This is where the T.M.I. (too much information) begins:

I am home with the kids like most days. Lane had just awoke from his nap and Riley was still asleep. I was on the other side of the house when the urge to go to the bathroom arose. I headed to the guest bathroom, sat down and did my business. I look over at the toilet roll and ,surprisingly (I am being sarcastic now) it is empty. I open the cabinet next to the toilet and it is empty. I think to myself "Great! Now what?". I call for Lane. He responds, "WHAAAAAAT?". I say "Come Here". He says "I'm coming!". Taking his time and poking around. Seriously, if the house was on fire and the television was on Lane would probably burn up since he has no sense of urgency when he is watching "Lazy Town". By the way, this is the most annoying show on television and all the kids I know love it. Crazy! He finally shows up and says "Whatya doing?" I said "Going potty". I asked "Lane can you please go in mommy's bathroom and bring her some paper?". He says "Okay". Again, he moves like molasses to finally return with, no lie, one ticket, one square or whatever you call it. I laugh and think to myself I am going to have to strut my stuff across this house to get some toilet paper. I looked at him with desperation on my face and said "Thank you honey bunny but I need a lot of paper. Can you get a lot of paper for mommy?" He sweetly says "Yes". When he returns from space, which was about how long it took, he has a handful of paper. Thank goodness!!!! Now I can start participating in the world again.

2 comments:

chasity said...

Hahaha! From space! You crack me up! Maybe I should try that when one of her shows is on and put the toilet paper upstairs so I can actually go potty by myself while she is fetching my one square at a time!! I agree Lazy town is weird and annoying! What is up with a grown man in tights and a little girl hanging out???

Holly L said...

Too funny...AND, I feel the same way about my boys. If the TV was on and ANY emergency arose...help us all. Thank goodness Abi is always eager to help! (except this morning of course)