Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Houston We Have A Problem

Last night we had a great family dinner and then the boys (Craig & Lane) went outside to visit with neighbors, play and whatever else before bath & bedtime. They came back in smelling like little puppies and sweat. There was also a slight smell of poop in the air and I asked Lane if he had poop in his pants. He pitifully admitted, "Yes". I asked Craig to please change him and give him a bath. He said "No problem", famous last words. Now this is where it gets graphic. Don't say I didn't warn you. It wasn't a minute later that I hear Craig beckoning me from the back of the house. When I say beckoning me I mean yelling for help. I come around the corner and lay eyes on a horrible sight. Craig is elbows deep in the nastiest poop diaper I have seen in a while. I asked him what I could do to help. He looks up at me with watery eyes, from holding back his gag reflex, and says "Nothing". He said "I just wanted you to see the worst of the worst diapers and appreciate the fact that you didn't get it. Also a few brownie points wouldn't hurt either". I walked away laughing and thinking to myself, "Honey this is my life on a daily basis but if a few brownie points will make you happy then you got it". I heard him later as he was taking Lane to the bathroom to give him a bath, "It's time for bath and for Pete's sake I may just need to jump in with you."

This is why I love my husband so much. Even when the situation looks bleak he still maintains his sense of humor. Big kisses to the LOML!!!!

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, sometimes they need big applauses! Good for him for diving in and getting it done!