Friday, July 18, 2008

The Weasels Go To The Woodlands Again

The Weasels' Wagon was packed to the max on Thursday. For those of you who I thought would think I was exaggerating I took a picture. Keep in mind this was for a day trip to the Rob Fleming Aquatic Center. Yes, I said a day trip not an overnight.I know! I know! All my friends that went with us were making fun of me and my Samford and Son wagon piled high, strolling into the water park. Crazy but necessary!

Play group yesterday was at the Rob Fleming Aquatic Center in the Woodlands. Craig suggested it after someone at work mentioned it to him. It was so awesome! They have a play area with slide & dumping bucket, a lazy river, a lap pool, and a twisty slide that you slide down on tubes. They also have a concession stand that Chick-Fil-A and Smoothie King come and set-up. Being the good vegan that I am and cheap-o, we brought our lunch. But what an awesome concept and money maker. It was great. It wasn't so big that you could keep an eye on the kids but big enough to have all these activities. Now I said you are able to keep an eye on your kids but did we is another story. Lane is an active child and a little bit of a dare devil at times. I know this so when we go to the pool or places like this he wears his vest. This vest is awesome and gives him more freedom. I am sitting in the lounge chair under the huge umbrella shade with Riley and watching as Lane runs up and down the stairs of the play area. I turn to get a bottle out of the bag and look back and he is gone. I get up and look around and find him under the bridge climbing the ledge and jumping in. He is having a blast but I have just had a heartattack so I am not happy. I pull him out and give him the lecture about staying where I can see him. The whole 9 yards. I go back to our chairs and my friends are sitting there so I start saying "I know what you are thinking, Mom of the Year". They laugh and the day goes on. It wasn't an hour later that the lifeguard is holding the hand of my friends little boy and walking him around the water park. My friend sees him and says "Where were you?". The lifeguard says that he had jumped into the lap pool (mind you he can swim) and two ladies grabbed him and pulled him out. She thanked the lifeguard and gave him the same lecture Lane had gotten not an hour before. I went up to her and said "Hey! You trying to take my Mother of the Year award or what?" Before she could answer my other friend says, " Girl, she took it". So if anyone is looking for 2 good babysitters for your kids we have Mother of the Year and Runner-Up available.




Same day, Lane decides that he will follow the big girls to the lazy river. I am watching him (this time) follow them and tell him to come back because he can't go on that without me. He continues to follow so I lay Riley down in her chair, one of many items I hauled there, and when I look up he is gone again. I run over to the lazy river and he had jumped in. He is floating and saying "Help Me Mommy" in a playful voice. I run down in front of him and as he floats by grabs his arm. He wasn't in any danger but just scared me. The lifeguard saw him jump and was already about to grab him when I did it. Needless to say we were all exhausted when we left. No Lie, we were there for 4 1/2 hours.

Riley was worn out and took a little 1 hour nap while Lane ran like a crazy person all over the place.

We had a great time and we were really never in any serious danger. The place is crawling with lifeguards and the water is not that deep in about 90% of the park. We are planning on doing this again. Can you believe it?

2 comments:

chasity said...

Now I know why moms put those little monkey/bear/elephant harness/backpack contraptions that have a long leash that leads to the mom on their kids at the mall! Thank goodness you did not resort to that though!! I did not know the Woodlands had a place like that, I want to go there! That sounds like fun! But just wait until after San Antonio and I bet there might be a 3 way tie for mother of the year!!! Keep in mind, Kylar has already broken in the phrase "are we there yet" when it took forever to find a place to park in Kemah so after the millionth time of hearing that i came up with some very motherly things to say! hehe:)

angela | the painted house said...

That sweet little sleeping baby is precious!