Monday, July 14, 2008

Pearland Here We Come

I know that I have been slacking on my blogging. All three of my readers must be highly disappointed. Well my excuse goes like this......

The Weasels headed to Pearland to visit Gigi and Mike (aka: my mom and her husband) this weekend. Lane was so excited to see his Gigi. He was especially excited when we said that we were going to go swimming at Mimi's (aka Janet, my best friend's mom) house too. She has the most awesome backyard. Her backyard comes equipped with a beautiful pool and hot tub with waterfall feature, an outdoor kitchen with BBQ pit, sink, refrigerator, bar with bar stools and my favorite the "Margarita Machine". They also have a flat screen with cable mounted outside and Lane's favorite the "Snow Cone Machine". It is an outside wonderland. Every time I leave I ask Craig, "Can you please buy me a backyard like that?" He just laughs and walks off. Maybe this is his way of throwing me off the scent. Maybe Christmas morning I will wake-up and look out my back door and see a backyard wonderland of my own. Yeah, doubtful! A girl can dream can't she?

We got there late and left late. Everybody, that I hadn't seen in a while, was there. Holly was in from Austin with her 3 kiddos, Jackson, Abby & William and her mom, Jackie, Chasity and her daughter Kylar, Traci and PJ with their kids, Jordan, Dylan, Dustin and newest addition, Addelyn, and dearest Kristina came solo. I think it was her night off from kids and hubby. It was great to get caught up on things that are going on in everyone's lives. I miss my girls on the Southside. It's hard to get together when we are all spread over Texas. We all had a great time and appreciate Janet and Bill for letting us bombard there home for the evening.
When we left I asked Craig if he had a good time. I asked him because he was the one that got slapped in the face more than 10 times with the pool noodle, he was lifeguard on duty and actually got to save a child's life (I exaggerate). He was the one who got to listen to a bunch of girls talk about pregnancy, sex lives, hair removal techniques and overall girl talk that men should really not be apart of. He said he did have a good time. Believe me, if he didn't he would tell me.
When we get home we get the kids to bed and by this time we are all wiped-out. It is time for bed and Craig and I slip into my mom's guest bed for the night. I think that people buy small uncomfortable beds for their guest rooms so that people won't stay long. This bed is a double and Craig and I are used to a King. It is also hard and the sheets are a little on the scratchy side. Needless to say the night is filled with tossing, turning and a few kicks to the shins. I guess I shouldn't complain since when my mom comes to visit us she has to share a double bed with Lane, the fighting octopus. I call him this because he kicks, punches and slaps all night long. It's bad.

The next day brings visitors to see the kids. When you become a parent it seems that you no longer exist. People no longer come to visit you they come to see the kids. Craig says that we have become potted plants. He loves that saying and says it all the time. I think he is pretty proud of it.

After naps we go to visit our friends in Taylor Lakes that have just had their first baby girl, Madeline. She is adorable and they are adjusting to being new parents quite well. The evening includes a little wine, a big dinner, music and Guitar Hero. Oh yes, I think I may be addicted to Guitar Hero. I am horrible at it and pretty much got booed off the stage in the first 15 seconds of playing. It was sad to watch but fun to play. I loved it. Thank you Deana and James for a great night. Much needed and much appreciated.

Back at the Gigi's house we are all exhausted and the kids fell asleep on the way back. Craig and I slip into another night of WWF or as you would call it "night of rest". It was fun and the weekend went by faster than we would like. Thanks mom for being such a great Gigi and my kids already miss you. I miss you too but I am not missing that guest bed. Dang!!! Home Sweet Home and Home Sweet King Bed!

2 comments:

chasity said...

We made the blog!!! Just cracking myself up over here!! I had a great time with all of my peeps and I am glad Craig enjoyed being lifeguard/abused with noodle/bombarded with girl talk! We love him too! I can't beleive we did not get any pics with all of the kids together. I am so thankful for all of you guys and blessed to have such great friends! Who would have thought back when we were in high school that our kids are getting to grow up together like we did??? I love ya!

Holly L said...

Ummm - for anyone who may think Heather is being a bit dramatic about Craig's encounters at the pool...she speaks the truth and my children keep Craig VERY busy! Jackson must have slapped Craig, unknowingly of course, 20 different times with the dang pool noodle! AND - Will took his floaties off (without my permission) and proceded to jump in the middle of the hot tub. Thanks GOODNESS Craig was standing close by and was able to pull him out quickly. THANK YOU (again) CRAIG! You truly are a life saver. I know, I know, you're all thinking...Hey Mom, Where were you? I was there...but you'd never know it, would you! I am just thankful that Big PaPa was hanging out in the hot tub all night long!

Other than my children being a nightmare, I had a great time with my girls!!! Love and Miss ya!