Friday, August 1, 2008

Fun Days at Pump It Up


Well today was another fun filled day of jumping on a room full of inflatables. You know these are not my favorite places but today I needed it. I bet you thought I was going to say Lane needed it. Oh no, it's all about me today. This morning I was talking to my friend, Amy, about her "vacation". I have put vacation on quotations because in this conversation we decided that it really isn't a vacation for us. It is just transplanting all the stuff we do and are responsible for on a daily basis to another location. We also did come to the conclusion that it is a "vacation" for us but for our husbands it is a VACATION. So pretty much we were in rant mode and the kiddos on both sides of the phone were distracting us from our Bitchfest 2008. I told her that we really need to get these kids somewhere they can run wild and we can continue our conversation. We decided on Pump It Up. It was perfect and we also had free coupons to get in. YEAH!!!!! I love me some free.




























Amy invited our friend Kristin and her daughter Savannah. Then we all met at the local Pump It Up. I love this name by the way. It always reminds me of Hans and Frans from the Saturday Night Live skit. "We want to pump you up!" Remember those days when you could actually stay up that late and not pass out on the couch at 9:30pm. Those were the days. Lane is in hog heaven jumping on everything and playing with his friend Nathan. Riley was enjoying the girl talk and being held by everyone. There were quite a few kids there and as always the rough kids. You know the ones. The kids that have total disregard for other people's safety and will take you out just as look at you. Yeah, there is always one in the crowd. Lane, I guess, got a little sick of getting hurt on accident that he came over to me and wanted to wear head gear. I can't blame the kid.

This is where the cute picture of Lane in his head gear would be, if only his computer illiterate mother hadn't accidentally erased it!!!

We ladies commenced on our griping about husbands, kids, potty training and a many other things. Then we started to notice that the very innocent lady sitting next to us reading her magazine was inching her way closer to us. Her ears have now perked up and are pointing our way. She was listening intently to every word. Now don't get me wrong I would do the same. I would have been a little more discreet about it though. I am sure that in her mind she was thinking, "Right On! I totally agree with everything you ladies are saying. Fight the Power and don't let the man get ya down". Who knows she could just be thinking, "Could you people keep it down! I am trying to read about Brittany Spears over here". I guess we will never know.

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

I actually love these places. Have you ever zipped down those slides? Ooo, so much fun!

Every mommy needs some rant time every now and then to maintain sanity!