Monday, August 4, 2008

Are Reese's Pieces the Answer?

I can't put into words how frustrated I am over this whole potty training thing. Why can't a human child just instinctually know to use the potty? Why does it have to be so dang hard? My son, Lane, is almost 3 years old and still we can't seem to get the using of the potty thing down. I can grab him and put him on the potty and he will go either number 1 or number 2. We do the you're awesome dance and throw in a couple of high-fives. You would think with all of this positive attention it would some how snap to tell mommy when he needs to go. Yeah, no! I have tried the whole letting him run around without anything on. He will just poop and pee on the floor. It's too disgusting and I just can't do that any more. I have also tried the wearing underwear thing. Again, he will just poop and pee in them. He might not even tell me he has pooped in them so that when I try to take him to the potty the poop falls on my foot. This has happened on more than one occasion. Totally disgusting and completely frustrating. I have tried sending him to timeout. I have tried bribery. All has failed.

I have recently discovered that Lane is obsessed with Reese's Pieces. Who isn't?! So here we are trying another tactic to get this child to go to the bathroom and let us know when he needs to go before he soils his pants. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE LET THIS WORK!!!!!! Everything I have read says that boys are harder to train than girls. Let's hope it is easier when Riley is old enough to start training. So I have the "Hang In There" kitty cat poster with the kitten hanging from a tree branch looking at you with terror and cuteness all at the same time. As encouraging as it is, I am still begging and pleading that this works. I am so ready for a diaper less household. If I can get through this then I just have one more to go. So please send your good vibes my way because Lord knows I need them!!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

yeah....ummmm, good luck with this one, Heather! We're....I'm sorry , I, am in the same process with Carson right now......and a big, fat , stinkin' NO to the though that girls are easier to train than boys! Good luck to you with the reece's.....ask holly about the "it's potty time" video. I've heard that people swear by it. It did not work for us, but I have the DVD if you'd like to borrow it!! Let me know! BTW, I love your blog:)! ~joy