Sunday, August 17, 2008

Me, Myself and I

I stole this from my blogger friend at Stretch Marks (aka Melissa Lee). It's okay she stole it from someone else and said I could. I normally blog about my family and friends but today it is all about me.

I AM........ addicted to sugar. I love me some sweets. I love everything about them. Any kind of candy, cake, pie, donut, ice cream and cookie. Why is this and is there a support group for sugar addicts? Maybe I can start one and call it SAA (Sugar Addicts Anonymous). You can find a meeting in your area by just following the trail of candy bar wrappers.

I WANT...... to live in Austin, Texas. Every time I visit this place I leave saying to myself that I want to live here. This past trip to Austin I came back and told my husband that I want to live in Austin and whatever it takes to do that then I am willing to do it. He is on board.

I HAVE......crooked pinkie fingers. My mother has them and I inherited them. I checked both of my children and they do not have them. Lucky for them.

I WISH I COULD.....have one more day with my brother. I would introduce him to his niece, for whom he never met. I would let him and Lane play catch together in the back yard. I would watch him and Craig have a beer while watching the kids run and play. I would hug him and kiss him and tell him how much I love him and how much he means to me. I would also ask him why he decided to leave us.

I HATE......to hear about the suffering that people have to endure everyday. I have had to stop watching the news.

I FEAR.......rats, mice and sharks. I know, what a weird mix of animals. I know that I fear rats & mice from a childhood incident. We lived in a new neighborhood where there was a lot of housing construction around. Next to our house was an empty lot that was being cleared so a house could be built. This caused us to get field mice in our house. One morning I went into the pantry to get some cereal. When I pulled the box of cereal down a mouse jumped on me and ran down my nightgown. Ever since then I have been deathly afraid of mice. Can you blame me? Well my fear of sharks comes from a little known movie called "Jaws". Seriously, doesn't this movie freak everyone out? To this day will not swim in the ocean.

I HEAR.......the story in a song. When I listen to music I listen to the words so intently that I can hear the story in it. This is why some of my favorite songs mean so much to me.

I SEARCH......for my talent. I think that everyone has a talent. The one thing they are good at. Some people sing, some dance, some draw, some cook, some play a sport but me, I am still looking. I will let you know as soon as I know.

I DON'T THINK.......clowns are funny. They are more scary then funny. I don't think I like them.

I REGRET....... not getting a college degree. I think that I am smart enough but I was and still am lacking the motivation.

I LOVE......my life. My husband and my kids have made my life better then I ever thought it could be. I never knew that I had this much love in me until they came along.

I ACHE FOR.......a vacation away from the good ole state of Texas. I need Hawaii or Jamaica or Costa Rica, just somewhere tropical that serves drinks with umbrellas, beach side. I want to watch the sunset and sunrise with my husband. I want us to take a nap in the middle of the day, alone. I want to swim and sunbath all day.

I ALWAYS CRY......when my husband cries. This is a rare thing and I always poke fun at him and tell him he is dead inside when he doesn't cry over things I do. He says I cry enough for both of us. I just tell him "I'm a girl, we cry!"

I AM NOT......a good speller. My husband makes fun of me all the time for pulling out my Webster's New Pocket Dictionary. Spell check is my life saver.

I DANCE.....when a good song comes on. Mostly if the song is hip-hop or rap. Also if I am alone or just with my kids cause I know they won't tell and they think it's funny. I will also dance if I am with a group of friends at a club (rare these days) and usually many drinks are involved.

I SING.....with every song on the radio. I can't help it. Something just comes over me and I feel that I must sing every word to every song I hear. Sometimes I don't even know all the words. When I do know all the words then look out, I will belt it out as loud as I can. This makes me happy.

I NEVER......want to skydive. I don't get why people want to do it and pay big money to do it. My luck my shoot would never open or I would just throw-up all over myself. Either way it wouldn't be pretty.

I RARELY........ look in the mirror and like what I see. People, including my husband, will give me a compliment about the way I look and I smile and say thank you. Inside I am thinking, "Oh they are just being nice".

I CRY WHEN I WATCH.....Hope Floats. You know the movie with Sandra Bullock, where her husband has an affair with her best friend and she finds out on national television. I cry from beginning to end every time I watch it. Especially the part when the husband comes back to ask Sandra for a divorce and the little girl thinks her daddy came back to get her. Rips my heart out. I have watched this movie probably 50 times and still cry.

I AM NOT ALWAYS......as truthful with people as I would like to be. Sometimes it is to spare someones feelings. I feel I am doing them a favor and I do appreciate it when people do it for me. Other times it is to cover my own a$$. If I do something wrong or that I am embarrassed about I will lie like nobodies business to get out of it. I think it might be human nature. Survival of the fittest or something like that.

I HATE THAT....my brother died at such a young age (23 years old). He will never have a wife, a family of his own or know his niece or nephew. He had so many things left to do in his life. I hate that!

I'M CONFUSED ABOUT.......religion, politics, the human mind, the legal system and many more things that I just can't think of right now.

I NEED......to loose 58 lbs. to be healthier for my family and myself. This would also make looking in the mirror and at pictures of myself a lot easier.

I SHOULD......end this whirl wind of information that I am throwing at you. You are probably thinking, "Hey Heather, T.M.I. (too much information)".

I hope this was helpful as well as informative.

2 comments:

Joy said...

So you're like me...you hear the story in a song, and so do I!!! SO go and listen to Jackson Browne's "Sky Blue and Black". It is so beautiful! One of mine and Jamie's favorites from the college days! Oh and also John Mayer's "In Your Atmosphere" and "Comfortable"...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!I also cannot and do not look in the mirror...and I think the same exact thing that you do when people compliment me. It sucks to feel that way, too, honestly. I think that if I lost some weight...let me rephrase that...A LOT of weight.....I would find this easier to do, too. ~Joy

chasity said...

Oh Hedder!(like Kylar and probably all the other kiddos say it, so cute!) I wish you saw yourself the way everyone else sees you. The beautiful, talented, amazing woman that you are! I know, I know, it is hard for us to see that in ourselves but you are awesome!
I am behind on my blog reads and glad I did it before the mascara went on this morning:) I agree with the clown thing! I will never ever get over being afraid of clowns because of the movie Poltergueist (i have no idea how to spell that, please check your dictionary for me)and the My Buddy doll because of the movie Chucky!

I want you to live in Austin because I know it would make you happy, but i want you to live here for my own selfish reasons!

Your baby girl may not have been able to know Chance while he was here, but I know in my heart he knows her and watches over you all everyday.

I need a vaca too! take me with you!!!

I love ya!