Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Watch Out Shamu....Cause The Weasels Are Coming To Visit!

Friday morning started at 6:30 am for me. I had to take a shower and get packed so that we would be ready to leave. We wanted to be at Sea World as soon as the gates opened. When you are taking 3 kids under the age of 5 anywhere, there is a lot of packing and preplanning. Riley was staying with Nana and Mema while me, Lane, Nolan, Chelsae, Heidi, Kylar and Chasity headed to the home of Shamu. We got packed and dressed and headed out. We got to Sea World just when it opened at 10am. We were a little shocked at how many people were already there. I guess we kinda thought we were the only ones with this grand idea to go on a Friday and get there early.

Let me tell you that within the first 10 minutes of being in the park I was already sweating like a pig. Texas heat will kill you....no lie! Our first stop, after the bathroom, was to the Shamu Express. It is a small kids roller coaster. They all loved it once we got on. They were a little confused on why we had to wait in line so long. I just told them to get used to it because obviously, someone told everyone in Texas our plan to go to the park Friday and get there early. We have a "mole" amongst us.

Kylar & Heidi

Nolan & Chelsae

The Shamu Express

We decided that our next stop on this fun train would be SHAMU! We headed 30 miles to the other side of the park to see the Shamu show "Believe". It was awesome! I just can't get over the fact that this is these peoples job. To hang out with whales. What a cool job to have. The kids were speechless the entire time. Not one peep was made from any of the 3 kids during the whole show. Amazing!
Nolan & Chelsae at Believe

Chasity, Heidi & Kylar

Me & Lane

All Lane could say was "WOW!"

We stopped to check out the flamingos or as Nolan said "Hedder come and see the pink mingos". Too cute! If you haven't noticed from the pictures, Kylar is a girly girl. She loves the camera and loves to pose. Isn't she adorable!
Lane, Nolan, Kylar and Heidi (up top)

After we watched Shamu consume arms full of fish we decided that we were a little hungry too. On the way we stopped to get the kids swords. Now who's brilliant idea was this......Chelsae. The kids loved them but I think that we may or may not have maimed a few innocent by standards along the way. We headed to the eatery to get some over priced kids meals, but hey it's all worth it since it came in a Shamu lunch box.

Nolan & Lane with swords

Kylar, Nolan & Lane with swords....Scary!!

$85.00 later we took a stroll to somewhere they had a/c. Have I mentioned how hot it was. I think the thermometer read 150 degrees or at least it felt like it. Chelsae said that the Anheuiser Busch brewery on site gives adults 2 free beers. That was all I had to hear and I took off. I don't even think that I noticed until we got there that our kids had fallen asleep. Fine with me since the brewery had a/c, tables and chairs, and did I mention 2 free beers........YIPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Nolan & Lane are out cold
Poor Lane. He's gonna have a sore neck when he wakes up.

This is where I stopped taking pictures. It was too hot to think and I from this point on couldn't remember to take a picture. After mama had her beers we headed to the penguin exhibit. This was my favorite, well other then the free beers. It was so awesome to see the penguins swimming and the way they have the exhibit is so awesome. They have a moving sidewalk that you get on and it takes you for a ride passed the glass exhibit where there have to be 100+ penguins of all different kinds swimming and waddling around. Plus the whole place had a/c.

We decided that we had enough of the heat so we headed to the Lost Lagoon. This is the water park they have at Sea World. It has a lazy river, a wave pool, twisty slides and a play area for kids with a huge dumping bucket. Lane and Kylar loved the wave pool. We could barely get them to go on anything else. I love the twisty slide that I got to ride on with Heidi. The other kids were too small so they had to stay behind. It was so much fun and a little scary too. You get in a 2 person tube and slide down this pitch black slide and every once in a while you could see some light. It was a blast and so worth the wait. When we were ready to go I understood why they called the place the Lost Lagoon. We rented lockers for our stuff when we arrived and they gave us a key. When I went to open my locker my key was gone. I had lost it in the wave pool. Typical me!!!! Well it only took the entire teenage staff and 20 minutes to finally get it open. The funny thing was every time they sent a new person to help they always asked me, "Lost your key?" Like I did all this for attention or something. We all got dressed and headed to the car. It was a short ride home but long enough for all the kids to fall asleep. We all had a great time and can't wait to do it again next summer.

1 comment:

chasity said...

I wonder what ever happened to those swords? Not that I will remind Kylar that it is missing! I never saw them draw any blood from any passers by, but I am sure they should have jabbed a few a little harder!! Kylar has been requesting to eat just about everything out of her shamu bowl that once housed Heidi's dippin dots! I had a blast, let's do it in the cooler months next time!!