Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wii the People

I got a phone call tonight from my sister-in-law, Chelsae. She was telling me about her weekend and how Nolan's 4th birthday party went. (Sorry Nolan for not being able to come. I hope you had fun and we love you very much.) We were in mid conversation when my brother-in-law, Jeremy chimes in.

Jer: "Did she tell you what I did?"

Me: "No, and do I want to know?"

Jer: "Well I was playing to Wii and I was playing bowling. I was all into it and about to make a 3-10 split (now this I am not sure he actually said since I couldn't remember the bowling lingo he spouted off) when the controller flew out of my hand."

Me: "What!?!?!"

Jer: "Yeah, it flew right into the just recently paid off, 50" flat screen television and cracked it"

Me: "What a dork!"

Jer: "Can you believe it?"

Me: "No but Yes!"

After that the phone was passed back to Chelsae,

Chelsae: "I was so upset."

Me: "Understandably! You know something always happens when you pay something off"

Chelsae: "Yeah, but Jeremy and I had just had this conversation about the safety strap on the controller. He said that he didn't like wearing it, I guess he thought it was uncool"

Me: "How cool is he now?! Hahahahahahaha!!!

I pre-warned Jeremy that by telling me this story it would for sure be posted on my blog. I don't lie!!!!

This is a public service announcement.....Please use the safety straps that come with your Wii system because it's all fun and games until someone (and by someone I mean your paid-off, 50" flat screen television) gets hurt.

1 comment:

Lula! said...

I'm showing this post to my husband for that very same reason. Apparently the male gender types oppose the strap...when obviously there is a REASON for that strap. I'm just sayin'.