Monday, September 22, 2008

BANOS?

Well I am wondering if I will ever be able to set foot back into my favorite Mexican food restaurant. Del Pueblo, I love you and please forgive me!!!!!

I had the bright idea that Sunday afternoon, while Craig was doing yard work, that I would take the kids and go to Del Pueblo for some lunch. My neighbors had ordered Del Pueblo the past couple of nights for dinner so I was starting to crave it. The chips, green sauce and salsa are amazing. No exaggeration, the best I have ever had. I asked Craig for the 10th time if he would like to join us and he declines but doesn't hesitate to put his order in with me before I go. I pack up the little Weasels and head out. We get there and get a table within eye shot of the arcade. Lane is already asking if he can go and play. I make him eat his lunch first and then let him go. I feel comfortable because from the table I can keep an eye on him. Riley is being such a good girl. She is just sitting in her carrier, being quiet and watching everything. Life is good.

I look over to notice that Lane has climbed up on a bar stool to see into the "claw game". The claw game is that annoying game that you put a dollar in and try to grab a stuffed animal with a mechanical claw. It is a total rip-off and so gets on my nerves. He was watching a little girl play and win a toy. I noticed that he wasn't standing but squatting in a weird position. When I looked closer I noticed the puddle of urine he was squatting above. I thought to my self, "Nice!" I also at the exact same time remembered that I had removed the "just in case" clothes from the diaper bag not 1 hour earlier. Again, "Nice!", was the thought in my head. Now I am standing in the middle of both kids trying to figure out what to do. I can't leave my daughter alone but I don't want my son to walk through the restaurant spreading pee all over. What To Do!? As I stand there with a perplexed look on my face a sweet family that was sitting right behind me says, "We will watch her if you want to take care of your son." I said, "Thank you" and headed to the arcade. I grab Lane by both arms and carry him to our table. I then proceed to wipe him down with wet wipes as best I can. Now my thoughts are the chair he was sitting in, well more peeing in than sitting. There are no towels or napkins in site. I let the waitstaff know that I needed some towels. They just smiled and said no problem. Before I could get my crap together they had already mopped and put a "Caution Wet Floor" sign out. It should have said, "Caution Wet On Floor". I scoop up my kids and Craig's meal and headed out to the car. When I get to the car I strip Lane of his urine soaked pants, under pants and shoes because what's the point in wearing shoes if you are not wearing any underpants. Needless to say, Lane had to ride home commando with no one the wiser. Good Times!!!!!

Please forgive me Del Pueblo. Maybe we will just order in from you for a while. Well, until this thing has blown over and I don't people are starring and pointing and calling me the Pee Mom.

No comments: